Cambridge Nursery School,
Founded in 1923, the Cambridge Nursery School is one of the oldest cooperative preschools in the country. The design entailed an addition to and renovation of their facility built in 1928. Two new classrooms were added to the original building, which was in turn repurposed to provide the directors office, common play spaces, library and staff kitchen. The classrooms each have direct access to outdoor play spaces and are able to be combined with a operable partition. The design, which received approval from the Cambridge Historical Commission, draws on the materials, forms and details of the original building and the adjacent residential context.